Greetings to my Classmates from Sacred Heart, Class of 1968! - Kathy King - September 2, 2008

Sorry I won't be there to see everyone!  I throughly enjoyed the last one...............geez was that 10 years ago!  Since I won't be there, here's a quick run down of wht I've been up to............................still working for Pacific Bell/SBC/AT&T (can you tell I've survived a few mergers and company name changes???).  Still living in northern California.  Love the mild weather here and almost total lack of humidity ( I DO remember summers in Michigan!).  Try to spend as much time as I can outdoors.  Like to camp and hike and enjoy the company of friends around the campfire.  My 2 daughters are now 25 and 22.  The older one, Casey, is living in San Diego, where she went to college.  She has deciced to get a teaching credential and ultimately wants to be in school administration.  Tai, the younger one, is a hair stylist and loves what she is doing. Both are reasonably well adjusted and happy...............it's an effort as you all well know and when they are on their own, it is a great feeling.  Both of mine are off the payroll and with a little more disposable cash, I took a fantastic trip to Affrica last February.  Got a burr up my(blank) to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro before the glaciers are gone.  Took a year of planning and training and went off without a hitch...............except for a touch of altitude sickness at 15k ft. and 19K ft.  Am allergic to Diamox, which most of the climbers took to prevent altitude sickness...........so I had to tough it out.  Air is pretty thin at 19K ft........................but it was a rewarding experience and one I'll never forget.  The climb was 10 days total...............and was really looking forward to that first shower! Took a week long safari to the Serengeti afterwards and that was awesome as well.  And we followed that up with scuba diving in the Indidan Ocean off the coast of Zanzibar before heading home by way of London.  I wish I could travel for a living..................but alas, it is the other way around.................I work in order to afford to take adventure trips like that.  My next adventure will be to Myanmar (formerly known as Burma) next February.  Will limit the trekking to only 3 days............will spend most of the time sightseeing and sampling the local foods!

Kathy King

Editor's note: these images have been "reduced" for web use.  click on them to see the full size originals Kathy sent.

← back      top      next →